Saturday, November 6, 2010

Must get back on track !

At times like these, I have to admit, I wish I'm at home with my family. I kept hearing people saying "even the most independent individual is homesick". I'm not exactly homesick. I just miss my home. How good it is being in the company of my family, going for dinner every weekend, being able to watch Astro and sleeping on my bed. Lol.

Block 1 made me aware of the pros being here. I'm definitely thankful for all the lovely company I have here. Being far from home is good as well in the sense that we establish a stronger relationship among ourselves. Since most of us are far from home, we somehow grew an affection towards one another, taking care of one another, celebrate events together and a whole lot other amazing things. Being able to experience such moments while in the midst of growing up and discovering ourselves is something very memorable. This is why I really enjoyed block 1. It was like a breath of fresh air to me.

But I'm not saying things are totally the opposite in block 2. It's just that reality really hit me. Given 5 years(hopefully no extensions) here and only 4 weeks of holidays per year, just made me realize I'm going to spend most of my time here without ever seeing my family and spending time with them, and the next thing I know, I would be graduating, working and straying from them already. Haha. I probably think too far. But, I have nothing to complain nor am I in any state of distress. I only just longed to be home, to be able to watch a Saturday night movie, to go for dinners and shopping every weekend, waking up on a Sunday morning in my own room. Those are the things I am yearning for.

Which is why I'm so determined to go through this exam and search through my new block 3 timetable for any free slots to go home on Fridays. Hehe. What's 400 bucks or 500 bucks? No amount of money can even buy such brief moment of eternity of being able to be at home. It's worth it. The Air Asia turbulence, the delay flights, the travel sickness, the packing, the unpacking, the money spent, the time spent... is all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Medical life can be joyous also. Even though family is far, this will only make you appreciate your family more. Don't worry, friends are available by your side. All you need is a call or sms. =)
    ANyway, all the best in block 2!!

    ReplyDelete