Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to square one

It's 3.25 am in the morning and I still dunno why I can't sleep. Huhu. Thank God tomorrow is a Sunday. Ops... today already is Sunday officially. Hehe.

Hm, not everyday there will be sunshine. Throughout the 20 years of my life, I realized I spent too much time worrying, having severe insecurities, days of low confidence, fear, etc etc. They are really miserable. Hm, I am really tired of feeling miserable. Maybe is why I find myself unable to sleep tonight. Haha.

Firstly, I am whole, able to see, hear, feel, taste, and speak. I am healthy and in one piece. I have a loving family and great friends, in medical school, JPA money flowing in, caring buddy line. I have God, I have cell group, what more can I ask?

Life is too short to worry unnecessarily. I've come to realize the core of my past dissatisfactions. I am sure everyone has their own expectations in life. Everyone reacts differently when the expectations weren't met. So if we ask ourselves, how will we cope if our expectations aren't met? The answer is, happiness is a choice. It's not a destination. It's about living in the present, appreciating the present moment. So what if we don't get what we want, So what if we are rejected, turned down, and looked like a fool? It doesn't matter. We are still breathing. In a nutshell, even if our expectations aren't met, we still need to see the positive side of things. Life goes on. A famous quote, "when one door of happiness closes, another opens" A simple key, Contribute without expecting. =)

One thing I really learn and ought to practise, do not take ourselves too seriously. Learn to laugh at one's mistakes. It's okay to be silly or a fool. Happiness is not what we are given the most, is what we make the most by what we are given. Again, life is too short. Worry less and be positive. A simple secret to be happy, just be happy. hehe.

So, now what I choose from life? Happiness, Joy, Laughter, Fun and Spontaneity. I choose a happy fruitful and meaningful life. Stay happy everyone. Cheers~ =)

3 comments:

  1. Very true, most of us spend time being unhappy about trivial things when we should actually be grateful for those little things that we have. Very inspiring post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx bryan.. glad u're inspired. hehe. =)!

    ReplyDelete