Sunday, August 29, 2010

Live today

I don't know what is wrong with my attitude or perseverance or strength. I was unhappy due to certain instances which were actually very minimal. Just the thought of me being so easily affected is so disappointing. At that time, I suddenly felt like I needed to see a friendly face. So, I went over to a friend's apartment. Then, I dunno if it's by chance or just my stupid imagination, I actually stumbled upon this quote on her wall. haha. It says:

"There are two eternities that can really break you down. Yesterday and tomorrow. One is gone, and the other doesn't exist... So live today."

Then it really hit me. I was so easily affected because most of the time, I am always living the 'yesterdays' or the 'tomorrows'. Very rarely, I enjoy the exact moment now. I think what I'm trying to learn is we can't undo the past nor can we plan what will happen in the future. The most important thing is to just live in the present and enjoy the moment whether it is good or bad.

EOB block 1 is actually this coming thursday and I can honestly say I'm barely 50% prepared. The thought of it just now almost made me crazy but then, I remembered a piano story a wise person told me a year ago. What is the story about? haha. To summarize, the moral of the story is just to tell us despite what little time or resources we have left, as long as we proceed and never stop, it will be a warm sunshine in winter. =)

Of course, I am reminded of how lucky we are to have really helpful seniors that readily explained any of our bombarded questions. One of them can be seen giving "lecture" most of the time. haha.

Good luck and jia you my friends! =)

4 comments: