Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Who moved my cheese

If I can wish for one thing now, I wish that all good things will come to NO end. But that's only wistful thinking. Over the past years, I've always had difficulties coping with changes. Specifically changes that involved the end of happy moments in my life. Memories to me are not enough. I'm so greedy that I want to hold on and saviour every bits of them. Having experienced such happiness and to lose it is not something I can handle very well. It's so saddening to feel so happy and yet knowing it will one day be over.

Whenever subjected to such situations, I had been so complacent and comfortable that when it's gone, I will have trouble finding myself back to reality. I'm not talking about one type of happiness. How good it will be if I'm only affected by one type of happiness. But I'm affected by all kinds of happiness that after every happiness, there will be a phase of sadness and longing.

I guess the slogan "carpe diem" will be of better help for me to cope with such situations. I'm sure there will be much more happy moments in my life in the future and when that happens, I'll hold on to the principle of "carpe diem" and when everything is over, I'll have no more longing and regrets. It'll just be an extra part of my sweet memory and hopefully, reminiscing about it will make me smile without causing any heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment