Saturday, July 17, 2010

Buddy Night

This week is another week of orientation but it is by our 2nd year seniors. Okay, before that, I realized I'm extremely dumb for not bringing a camera with me all the way to Sarawak. There were so many beautiful sceneries to capture especially in the main campus. Now, they can only reside in my memory. ( I have a bad memory ) Anyway, this will be a very long and lengthy post as I wanna summarize (blab) about my two weeks' orientations.

Anyway, the system goes like this. It is a culture ( or maybe a custom, I'm not sure ) to have a buddy or better known as a senior that will guide the juniors in going through their university lives. So, the juniors will be given clues to find their respective buddies in a given duration. And punishment ( minor ones la ) will be incurred towards those who failed to find their respective buddies within the given time. So, everyone must be initiative lah. Tonight which was the buddy night will mark the end of our orientation and it is also an event where we can chat and get to know our buddies better. In order words, bonding between buddies.

I'm one of the lucky ones to have a very nice and helpful buddy. Happy~ :D Initially, most of us will be pretty envious whenever we saw our friends receiving notes from their buddies which made us wonder, "where is my buddy?". Okay, enough elaboration on that. So, for buddy night, my group was given the theme "akon". Honestly, we are absolutely clueless on what to perform as not only we are not naturally born dancers but we have no idea about hip hop dance as well. So, basically we just divided ourselves into groups and each group will discuss and come out with their own dance moves.

I'm really amazed by other group's performaces. They performed so extremely well that I feel so inferior and afraid to performe my own in front of them. I would say one of the biggest contribution to their excellence is their team work. Anyway, winning or losing doesn't matter. The most important thing is we've given our best and had fun. ( Okay, obviously I say that because I'm not one of the winners. Nothing new la since losing is something I'm very accustomed to. ) So, to others that probably feel quite bad, don't be as the highlight of the day is to learn and have fun. :)

The orientation by our 2nd year seniors are a very brief one as we had to combine with our lectures as well. And today is the first time I had mud, egg and flour splashed onto my face. I was speechless and dumbfounded for a few seconds when I found myself covered with mud, egg and flour. Most of the games were really fun especially the ones involving water. The nicest seniors that conducted the station games are the ones involving the blowing of candles. They are so thoughtful. lol.

Anyway, last week was our MAP. It was an orientation handled by seniors from Kota samarahan. Initially, I was sad with all the lack of sleep and home sickness. But I came to realize it was actually one the happiest and most fun moments in my life. (I lead a boring life. Experiencing such things made me a very jakun person) The LOs (Liason Officer) are extremely nice and helpful. They treated us like their own siblings. That's when I knew they really went through a lot of trouble to plan the activities to make our orientation a fun week. I am still missing them and the events that took place during the first week. It is a disappointment as they are so far from us now. As for our faculty seniors, we can still see them most of the time. Don't wanna see also will see. Oh yeah, probably will miss our 2nd year seniors when they go to Sibu for their 3rd year.

Okay, being a considerate roommate, I shall end here as I am leaving the lights on while my roommate is sleeping. Sigh, I'm so lucky too to have a tolerant and nice roommate. Also, she can sleep like a pig. So, it is definitely a plus for me whenever I need to leave the lights on for my own convenience. But I should stop torturing her for now. I'll post the video of our cheers which we won during MAP. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment